Grow your mind!
In partnership with the Mid-Columbia Libraries, this position supports exciting activities and literacy programs designed to get the whole community connected to the resources our libraries have to offer. Activities include many wonderful programs such as the Summer Reading Program, Teen Hour, and two Member developed literacy projects.
Mid-Columbia Libraries' eleven branch libraries and bookmobile provide quality library services to the nearly 200,000 residents of Benton, Franklin, and parts of Adams Counties. Our mission is to enrich our communities by empowering individuals with materials and services for life-long learning and growth, starting at birth.
- Assist with system-wide and branch programs for children and adults by gathering/distributing materials, planning/prepping activities, and overseeing events (i.e. Back to School, Block Party, Preschool hour, Food for Fines, Winter Reading Challenge, Read Across America, Dia de los Ninos, Children's Book Week, Summer Reading Program)
- Partner with MCL staff to represent MCL at events, fairs and expos (i.e. KidsExpo and Family Expo)
- Act as liaison with the AmeriCorps team for literacy activities in branches during school breaks (i.e. Warm Up to Cool Books, Spring into Reading, and Summer Reading Program)
- Assist with system-wide and community trainings by gathering/distributing materials, setting up and attending events, and planning/prepping activities
- Local travel within MCL service area required; must have valid Washington State Driver’s License with satisfactory driving record
- Local travel within MCL service area required; must have valid Washington State Driver’s License with satisfactory driving record.
- Must be able to:
1. Understand and follow written and oral instructions, asking questions if unclear.
2. Establish priorities and organize workload; manage time effectively and remain on task despite interruptions.
3. Work and communicate effectively with diverse staff in order to accomplish library and work unit goals and objectives.