We conduct these annual projects during Winter and Spring breaks. They use stories, crafts, games, songs, and take-home activities to encourage kids to keep on reading even when school's not in session. Designed and led by AmeriCorps members, these enrichment activities always rock!
You may also send us an email if you'd like to know how you can volunteer, support the project, or have any questions!
In this annual project, one finalist is picked from each of four local libraries to have their poster displayed for everyone to see! All other artwork is donated to cheer the hearts of senior citizens when they are delivered to local assisted-living and retirement facilities.
The GRAND PRIZE winners receive BRAND NEW BIKEs (courtesy of the Chinook Bicycle Club and Scott's Cycle & Sports) and helmet (courtesy of Safe Kids Coalition)! Runners-up receive a bundle of books, art supplies, & more! Click the flyer to the right for more current information on this year's contest.
A special thanks goes to our 2012 major financial sponsors:
Scott's Cycle & Sports, Chinook Cycle Club,
and Kiwanis Club of the Columbia.
- One entry per child and must include “I Love to Read” theme.
- The poster can be on a regular printer paper, drawing paper, or poster board, white or color; No smaller than 8.5” x 11” and no larger than 18” x 22”.
- The poster may be in finger paint, crayon, ink, chalk, markers, charcoal, oil pastel, tempura, acrylics, or water color.
- The poster must include creative and original ideas and must not include any computer generated art.
- The poster must not include inappropriate content (violence, drugs, profanity, or plagiarism).
- The poster must be accompanied by a completed entry form.
- Name of contestant must be on the entry form, not on the poster.
- Do not staple, glue, or tape the poster to the entry form.
- The poster contest entry forms are available during all "Go WILD For Reading" events.
- Kindegarten - 5th Grade
Submission of Entries:
- April 3, 4, 5, 2012 12:30 to 4:15PM
- “Go Wild for Reading” locations
- “I Love to Read" theme is properly incorporated
- Two Grand Prize Winners will receive a BRAND NEW BIKE (courtesy of the Chinook Bicycle Club and Scott's Cycle & Sports) and helmet (courtesy of the Benton-Franklin Safe Kids Coalition).
- Twelve Finalists will receive bike helmets (courtesy of the Benton-Franklin Safe Kids Coalition), books, and a set of art supplies.